iFly Development Team Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > iFly General User Forums > iFly General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

747 Feature Suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caribflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 747 Feature Suggestions
    Posted: Jun-15-2017 at 2:35pm
Hi Folks,

I just wanted to list a few suggestions for the 747 that would enhance the airliner options.

1. Landing lights that can be turned on or off individually and an option to remove the taxi light switch. The reason for this suggestions is that the worlds largest 747 operator (British Airways) doesn't use the taxi light and the switch was completely removed. Also, some airlines have procedures where they may use only the outboard or inboard lights for landing and takeoff. An option like this would simply add to the overall customization of the aircraft to match the real world airline of ones choice.

2. Digital and Analog MCP and a digital standby instrument. The reason for this suggestion is once again to add to the overall customization of the aircraft to match the real world aircraft.

3. Customizable cabin lighting to match real world procedures where cabin lights are turned on or off depending on the phase of flight. By law it should be off under 10,000ft.

4. While I love the animated window shade, it isn't fully realistic for every window on the side that is exposed to the sun to be completely closed. Perhaps this feature can be tweaked to be a little more realistic of have an option to turn it off.

5. Display reflection. This is simply a cosmetic suggestion to make the displays look a bit more realistic by adding some reflection or finger prints etc....

Finally, after reading the most recent update, I just wanted to be clear on whether or not we will ever see the 747 Freighter models? It sounded to some extent that it isn't of the highest priority at the moment but I'd like to add that one of the reasons why a 747 for FSX/P3D would be popular is due to the inclusion of freighter models. At present the 747 is seeing much more use as a freighter aircraft and it allows users to fly a wider range of flights within FSX/P3D. If there are no freighter models, it becomes a bit difficult to justify only getting a passenger version if you're not able to fly some of the 747 passenger routes. In the end, I'm sure the development team knows the economics better than anyone else but I just thought I would chime in on this since I've been waiting for the freighter models to make even more use out of the ifly 747. Hopefully this won't be the case for the 747-8i since once again, there are more freighter 747-8i models out there in the real world.

M.Carter
ubersu View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubersu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun-15-2017 at 3:01pm
The freighters will not be done. Sad, but true.
DJ

]
Caribflyer View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caribflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun-15-2017 at 3:16pm
Well that is very unfortunate. Does this apply to the 747-8 as well? If not I'm pretty sure the result maybe the same given the fact that both models are offered by the "other guys"... Either way the iFly 747 is a great product but it would be much more popular if it had freighter models. This is what folks tend to fly the most (this is just from my observation being part of various VAs and FS forums)
M.Carter
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun-15-2017 at 4:33pm
Sorry, due to lack of sales of the 747-400 the decision was made to not model any of the freighters.
Best,
Jim

jonno_28 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonno_28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun-15-2017 at 5:14pm
So...is there any further development of the current 747-400 in either platform? Or it being left as is now?
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caribflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun-16-2017 at 7:40am
If there are no 747-8F, then the 747-8 may not do very well. In the real world there are 10 airlines that operate the 747-8F vs 4 that operate the 747-8i....
M.Carter
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caribflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun-16-2017 at 8:04am
Originally posted by Caribflyer Caribflyer wrote:

If there are no 747-8F, then the 747-8 may not do very well. In the real world there are 10 airlines that operate the 747-8F vs 4 that operate the 747-8i....

Sorry for the second post but I'm unable to edit my posts. In addition that the previous comment on the 747-8.  With the 747-400 there are some 32 Freighter operators vs 28 operators of the passenger version. Within the next 2 years that number will be down to 25 or 24 with United, Delta, Corsair and perhaps Virgin getting rid of their 747 fleet.

Ultimately the decision has been made, but I can't help but to be a bit disappointed. Looking forward to the next project....
M.Carter
Sardanapal View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sardanapal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun-16-2017 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by USN O6 USN O6 wrote:

Sorry, due to lack of sales of the 747-400 the decision was made to not model any of the freighters.

I think your lack of sales concerning the 744 is precisely related to the lack of the freighters.
Sticking to fs9 at this moment, I was patiently waiting for the freighters before buying the Ifly 747.
Knowing that this will never happen, I will never buy it (and coming from a strong Ilfy supporter, this is very sad to say). 
By not releasing those freighters at the beginning, you just condemned this product to failure.

I wish you luck with your 747-8, but that will be without me.

jonno_28 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonno_28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun-16-2017 at 5:27pm
And I fear the order of the latest 'roadmap' had the -8 being completed down the list. If the other release their -8 first - pretty likely - nobody will want the iFly.

If the -F was released with some incredible new features and options, that would get people interested.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic