Topic ClosedForum Behaviour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Behaviour
    Posted: May-29-2011 at 5:10am
Hello Everyone,

We pride ourselves on the friendliness of these forums and the camaraderie of the iFly pilots and their behaviour. Since the release of the FSX version some people think purchasing the product gives them the right to abuse other users and the integrity of the development and test team.

In the 17 years I have been  involved in software projects I have never experienced a development team prepared to go that extra mile of for their customers and a test and support team that put the amount of hours in that the ĎA Teamí has.

We believe in the free speech that however does not allow verbal attacks on other users or the honest or integrity of the Development or Test and Support team.

Regular users of the aircraft know we pride ourselves on not having to over moderate these forums, but if the current behaviour of a limited few continues I will find where I let my moderators hat and we will suspend users from breaching the conditions of use.

I would just like to thank everyone that has gone that extra mile and helped by answering forum posts, we really appreciate your help.

Cheers

Steve Masson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov-06-2012 at 6:48am
In recent weeks we have seen an increase in people getting extremely close to having their forum accounts suspended. We all understand the frustration of Flight Simulation and we are here to help. Our help is only as good as the information you share with us. We cannot see what is happening on your system, or understand how you download, install, load and Fly the aircraft. All this information needs to come from you. The more you tell us the quicker the chances are of the team solving your issues.

Please do not post "it doesn't work" or other vague statements. Take a little time and think what would the team need to know to understand and help me with my issues. The chances are in a lot of cases with the correct information we can solve your issue with one reply.

We will not accept bad language or threats to any member of the team and this will result in either a temp suspension from the forum or a complete ban from this site.

Lets get back to what the iFly forums are about, owners helping owners and enjoying flying our favourite aircraft. Thumbs Up
Cheers

Steve Masson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-16-2013 at 7:21am

Sadly in the past few days a post which was being replied to amicably and in good spirits, behind the scenes turned very nasty. With threats and abusive message being sent to the staff of the forum and then to their private accounts. We all understand that everyone can have a bad day and sometimes when something does upset you the best thing to do is leave things alone for 24hrs and then reply with a clear head.

You may see an inflammatory post appear on the forums and then vanish to reappear later with a staff reply. This is done to prevent attacks on the individual and to make sure a measured respond is taken and not a heat of the moment answer.

The individual in this case, instead of heading advice escalated the level of abuse. This was never going to be allowed and it has been dealt with.

Pressing that "Post Reply" button can seriously damage your enjoyment of this hobby. Please if you feel a "red mist" moment walk away from the computer. This is a place where we come to share our enjoyment of a great hobby, not take the frustrations of our daily life out on others who most certainly do not deserve it.

Cheers

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic