iFly Development Team Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > iFly General User Forums > iFly General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

iFly 737 NG for FS2004

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xaverista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: iFly 737 NG for FS2004
    Posted: Feb-22-2015 at 3:46am
Hi!
For the first, forgive to me my english.
I want to buy product iFly 737 NG for Flight Simulator 2004. I want to ask, which types of landings can I do with this plane (I want to often use Boeing 737 800)? I think: ILS, VOR/DME, NDB/DME etc. And CAT of ILS? Have you any changelog or list of features and updates?
And next my question... Maybe after 6 months I want to reinstall my windows, so all my data will lost, maybe buy new computer. How many times can I install planes (product of iFly) on my computer and on how much computers can I install it.

Thank you for suggestions. Best regards. Lukáš Novotný
Jannier View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Project Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jannier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-22-2015 at 5:04am
Hi and welcome to the forums Lukáš.

Yes the aircraft can do all those, see product page for more details
http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=iflyfs9

You can install the product as many times as needed, if you change computer you just reset your account at Flight1 and that should be ok
You can manage all that at Flight 1 here:

You are allowed to install it only to 1 computer as per the license agreement.
The F1 system will tolerate if you install to a 2nd computer/laptop BUT, they must not be used/running simultaneous, you need to use only 1 computer/laptop at a time.

When you buy the aircraft, come back to this forum and register your license for support http://ifly.flight1.net/forumreg.htm and then go to the Members Licensed Area to the FS2004 737NG Section and download and install the latest Service Pack 3.2.1.

Regards
fumap View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fumap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-22-2015 at 5:06am

Hi!

With the 737NG you can carry out every type of approach you listed. iFly version includes also RNP capabilities and CATIIIB fail operational autopilot to carry on autolands from CATII to CATIIIB. You will be able to complete the approach manually (for example if flying an NDB/DME or a VOR/DME approach) or you can leave the autopilot doing an autoland.

The feature list can be found in the main Flight1 product page, but it's not complete as many features have been added with service packs and feature pack during the last 4 years.

Cheers,
Paolo Fumagalli

xaverista View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xaverista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-22-2015 at 5:12am
Hi!
So when I reinstall windows for example 5 times, I still can use original product and use it. When a buy 3 times new computer, I still can install and use it?
Understand I correctly?
Thanks and sorry for my,maybe bad,question.
Best regards Lukáš Novotný
iFlyJavelin View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iFlyJavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-22-2015 at 5:18am
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I'd like to take a minute to answer to the first part of your question, concerning the simulation.

Which types of landings can I do with this plane ? I think: ILS, VOR/DME, NDB/DME etc. And CAT of ILS?

Well the simulated iFly 737 is an accurate reproduction of the real modes :
- all of the above approches per raw data ;
- all of the above approches per managed means : RNAV navigation till interception of radioemissions, or RNAV overlay of those procedures (the precision of the flight path is accurate enough in contrast with other add-ons) ;
- you can use the lateral and vertical guidance of the airplane with flight directors (FD) ON to track the NAV path in the left seat but having the right seat displaying only raw data and flight director OFF if you wish, or any combination of these. By the way, cycling the FD has the same effect as in the reality in approach.

ILS CATI, CATII, and CATIIIA/B if the crew and the airport are certified. Cat IIIB is not systemetic however : you have to choose in the ifly configurator utility an aircraft equipped with the fail-operationnal equipement, otherwise you will only be fail-passive and, therefore, able to do from CAT I to CAT IIIA only. You could then adopt your own airline policy regarding you CATIIIB minimums.

Of course the same is applicable with VOR, LOC and NDB approaches. You can follow them in conventionnal navigation (raw data) or in overlay driven by the RNAV capability of the flight management computer at the sole condition the proper approach has been selected via the CDU, if it fits your own airline policy.

The only thing I couldn't find so far in any flight simulator add-on (it is not related to the iFly rendition) is to use the NDB POY which is colocated with LFPO Paris Orly airport. I have no idea how real crew can do that either. This NDB has a colocated DME (NDB-DME), and I don't know how to read the DME from the setting made in the ADF box, but you can use the FIX page and enter the NDB in this page to display via the CDU the real-time distance to any fix.

But so far that's "conventionnal approches" based on ground emitters. On top of that, with the iFly 737 you can do RNP approaches and RNP AR approaches with RF-legs. On the charts they are often refered as RNAV(GNSS) and RNAV(RNP). You know that the performance based navigation can be split between RNAV operations and RNP operations for terminal areas. Here you can practice your RNP operations. You can monitor the ANP and the RNP in the flight deck. You can fly them with LNAV:VNAV or some specific modes discussed in the restricted forum if you wish.

Once you buy the iFly 737, please post any remarks and question in the restricted area (only accessible after registering your product). This is against piracy. You will find a lot of valuable ressource with the search function. So many technical enquiries and support have been already answered with high value contributors.

Have you any changelog or list of features and updates?

Unfortunately for you - but that's part of the fun - the iFly teams prefer to let the people discover what are the changes and improvements made in each update. All fixes and patches are only accessible through the restricted part of this forum only once you register the product so I won't go deeper here. Please note that the current version of the iFly is recent, is quite locked for now, and you can't find anything more accurate in term of navigation systems for FS2004 if you are such an user.

Hope that helps,
regards
IFJ
Jannier View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Project Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jannier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-22-2015 at 5:22am
Originally posted by xaverista xaverista wrote:

Hi!
So when I reinstall windows for example 5 times, I still can use original product and use it. When a buy 3 times new computer, I still can install and use it?
Understand I correctly?

That is correct.
You just go to F1 and reset your account when needed.
F1 system will allow 4x re-install from the F1 purchase wrapper (Big red airplane logo) to the same PC, then you must go to F1 and reset the license key.
The F1 system is very nice, and easy to use, you can administrate everything on your own, very easy and very convenient.
Here are the full Flight1.com support options:
http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=service

Regards
xaverista View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xaverista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-22-2015 at 5:23am
Originally posted by xaverista xaverista wrote:

Hi!
Understand I correctly?

So this is previous question and last question is:
The plane have HD textures? Hd cockpit, text and next.
Thx for reply these questions. I'll buy it
iFlyJavelin View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iFlyJavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-22-2015 at 5:25am
No HD texture. The flight deck is fair enough thou. With this bird you will be concentrating on the systems, in contrast with HD add-ons but loosy in system departements.
xaverista View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xaverista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-22-2015 at 5:54am
So, after 4 times install on the same reinstalled computer or new.computer I must buy new DVD with this product? I dont understand. Sorry
ubersu View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubersu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-22-2015 at 6:37am
You don't have to buy a new DVD.  You must reset your key here at Flight1.
DJ

]
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-22-2015 at 7:30am
Actually, unlike the download version, the DvD version key does not need to be reactivated.  There is no limit on the number of reinstallations.
Best,
Jim

xaverista View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xaverista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-22-2015 at 8:41am
So, I can install it many times on many computers (only for my usage). Must I registrate to flight1 when I will buy DVD? Or registration into flight1 web is required only for website buy (download)? Sure, I activate my account to this forum. Thank you for my really last question.
Thank you all who helped me.
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-22-2015 at 8:51am
Yes, you may install the DvD only for your own use as many times as you need when you change computers, etc.  The instructions for registration are contained in the DvD package.
Best,
Jim

fritzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fritzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar-02-2015 at 3:43pm
Hallo ich bin neu hier und wollte mal fragen wo man sich hier auf dieser Seite Ein Service Pack downloaden can have und und den FSX 
ubersu View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubersu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar-02-2015 at 4:19pm

Fritzi,

Sie müssen hier http://ifly.flight1.net/forumreg.htm registrieren und dann an der Spitze des FSX Support-Forum schauen.  This is an English language forum so please use English...

DJ

]
fritzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fritzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar-03-2015 at 10:28am
okey danke :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic