iFly Development Team Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > iFly General User Forums > iFly General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ifly 737NG for P3Dv4 - fantastic!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JusJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ifly 737NG for P3Dv4 - fantastic!!
    Posted: Jul-12-2017 at 9:59pm

Hi ifly team,

I just wanted to share my delight with the ifly 737NG for P3Dv4.

I purchased the P3Dv4 version a few days ago while waiting for the competitor NGX to be released for that platform.  However, I have been so impressed with the ifly 737NG that I no longer have any desire to download my free P3Dv4 update to the competitor NGX. 

I had purchased the ifly 737NG for FSX way back when it was first released, then abandoned it for the competitor because I couldn’t live with the mouse cursor FPS drop issue that I experienced with the ifly in FSX (I was part of the user team that tried to help fix it).  But boy has the ifly 737NG come a long way since then, and I have to say it truly shines in P3Dv4!!!  After so many years flying the competitor NGX, I am extremely impressed with the system depth, excellent flight dynamics and handling of the ifly 737NG.

The most pleasing improvement to me is the performance I get with the ifly 737NG in P3Dv4.  Compared to my experience with the competitor NGX in P3Dv3, I’m getting 15-20 more FPS (yes, really) on average, with dynamic lighting and denser scenery and autogen settings.  I have really not had as good performance from a complex addon since the good old days of the Level D 767 in FS9.

I also much prefer the VC model of the ifly – it has that nice cramped feeling of the real 737 (much better than the competitor NGX in this regard), and the excellent sounds add to the immersion.  My only wish is that ifly (or perhaps a talented third party texture artist) would update the VC textures to be high res (of the same standard as the ifly 747) and a little darker shade of grey.  The VC textures are the only thing letting the ifly 737 down, in my opinion, although they don't bother me given the excellence of all other aspects of the product.

Anyway, congrats on the ifly 737NG in P3Dv4.  It’s a keeper and I can’t wait for the P3Dv4 update to my ifly 747 (and my FSL A320, but that's for another forum).

All the best,

Justin

Regards,

Justin
nealmac View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nealmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul-13-2017 at 6:11am
I have a similar story, except mine is with the 744. I was gonna save up for the PMDG version so I would have the funds on release day. Then someone suggested I get the iFly version at a much cheaper price. I'm so glad I did. I love it. Can't wait for the P3Dv4 update.
Regards,

Neal McCullough
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul-13-2017 at 9:06am
Thanks for your comments, guys.  Much appreciated!Smile
Best,
Jim

George Sansom View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Sansom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul-13-2017 at 6:24pm
Thanks for your kind words gents, we are delighted with the performance of the 737 in P3Dv4.
KSAN_Chuck View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KSAN_Chuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-19-2017 at 6:59pm
I'll second that original post. I flew the iFly 737s for years on FSX. I then migrated to P3D V4, and to P3D V4.1 shortly thereafter.

I got a discount coupon to purchase the P3D V4-compatible 737 from iFly. I have been so happy to have this aircraft that I feel guilty for not paying full price. On P3D V4 I have tried 2 pay-ware GA aircraft and 2 pay-ware airliners in addition to the iFly 737. None of them are very good, and two aren't worth flying.

So thanks for the good work.

Chuck Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic