iFly Development Team Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > iFly General User Forums > Screenshot and Video Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

iFly World Tour 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2011 at 12:07pm
Rafal,I am following your flight plan's :)
I think it's a great idea!!
Rafal_H View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rafal_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2011 at 7:21pm
Once again my big thanks go to all the warm words about my iFly tour initiative.
Originally posted by mas618 mas618 wrote:

the hard work that comes with sharing this whole adventure
True, it takes some two hours more to prepare the report after each leg.
But without that I would not have the joy of giving you the joy of joining me. Wink

LEG6, flight BOE006 from Karachi Jinnah, Pakistan to Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Sorry for two nights of delay but this almost 5 hour long flight was a tremendous task.
It means flying over five countries! Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Burma and Thailand.
Sunday was the only day for me to be able to find enough time to accomplish it. But, hey, here it is!

You can get this beautiful freeware (no AES, sorry) scenery of Chiang Mai in one pack (the city and the airport) here*:
http://www.avsim.su/f/fs2004-scenarii-44/aeroport-i-gorod-chang-may-2010-37391.html?action=download&hl=chiang%20mai

*In case of trying to download from avsim.su (I guess few of you speak Russian), remember to click the HTTP EU link.

mas618 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mas618 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2011 at 8:26am
Beautifull! I'm becoming more and more interested in doing a world tour when the Ifly FSX comes out. The tour being adapted to available scenerys and what not, similar to Rafals dispositions regarding scenerys for FS9...

Love this topic!

FSX W7x64 i5 2500K@4,3, 8GB RAM,660ti, ASN,AerosoftScenerys, AoN, Ifly737, PMDGJS41/NGX, TrackIR/EzDok, VATSIM for scandinavian-va.eu & Transavia-virtual.com
Rafal_H View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rafal_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2011 at 8:46am

I'm becoming more and more interested in doing a world tour when the Ifly FSX comes out
The problem you will encounter is that there are incomparably more sceneries available for FS9 than for FSX.
But as you use both platforms, you will make the essence out of it.
With some replanning and the crucial will of flying I am sure it will be one heck of a great adventure! Thumbs Up

I have been simming since the first versions of MFS came out and remember all the thrills of this hobby.
But I must say this challenge has rewoken up a child in my soul. I'm having so much fun and excitement!
This is largely due to the fact that iFly 737 is all in all the best addon aircaft I've ever had the pleasure to drive.
Steve Masson View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2011 at 8:58am
Great shots once again Rafal, I love this thread with amazing shots I am getting a geograph lesson as well. I think if most people looked at this thread you would wonder why upgrade to FSX. Clap
Cheers

crnjola View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crnjola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2011 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Steve Masson Steve Masson wrote:

I think if most people looked at this thread you would wonder why upgrade to FSX. Clap

I am one of them. Wink
Really we can still enjoy in fs2004.
Rafal_H View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rafal_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2011 at 10:49am
LEG7 - Flight BOE007
Chiang Mai, Thailand -> Bangkok Suvarnabhumi, Thailand

The VTBS Bangkok Suvarnabhumi 2010 scenery is payware (AES supported).
It was made by ARMI PROJECT and it is available at Simmarket.

awf View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2011 at 12:03pm
Great story and shots looks like a great adventure Rafal Smile

Be sure when finished to visit Amsterdam and I buy you a beer Beer

Cheers,

Cheers,

André
henriquesz View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henriquesz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2011 at 12:35pm
A tip. You can also post a map where you've gone .. And I hope your visit in Brazil, the country with the most beautiful women in the world srsrsrsrsrs...
Robert Brink View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Brink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2011 at 1:24pm
Just have to say thanks here from Sweden! Enjoying your world tour, and get tips of new scenerys, so i can fly to new places of the world!

//R
Rafal_H View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rafal_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2011 at 3:07pm
Hello everyone and thanks for your inspiring words.
I can see some old good FS friends coming by sometimes!
Originally posted by awf awf wrote:

visit Amsterdam and I buy you a beer
You bet I will, Andre! Be careful though there in Amsterdam, we may not end up on one beer! LOL

Originally posted by henriquesz henriquesz wrote:

You can also post a map where you've gone
What kind of map would you like to see?

Originally posted by Robert Brink Robert Brink wrote:

Just have to say thanks here from Sweden!
You're welcome from Poland! I love how people from different countries get united around one great addon and all the fun that comes from it.

Expect a short hop to Phuket soon.

henriquesz View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henriquesz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2011 at 4:34pm
the map that you drew earlier in the world, could put the lines of progress, even though you already placed on each flight where you are departing and arriving ... but this very cool. Congratulations once again.
Rafal_H View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rafal_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2011 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by henriquesz henriquesz wrote:

the map that you drew earlier in the world, could put the lines of progress
OK, I see. A smart idea. I'll think of it. Wink
Rafal_H View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rafal_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2011 at 8:01pm
LEG8 - Flight BOE008
Bangkok Suvarnabhumi, Thailand to Phuket, Thailand

As the May sun and fresh green leaves fill our Europen souls, we need to go on holidays, don't we?

What is better than flying to sunny Phuket. Unless... see the story!

The scenery is a wonderful freeware (and AES supported!) addon VTSP 2010 from Thaiflight.
You can get it here: http://dl.avsim.su/dl/ticket/ZmlkPTMwNTUzJnVpZD0wJmlwPTgzLjMwLjUyLjE3MiZobD12dHNw/id/325ea2226be8239e554c4b16db5b754a4dc9d2ac/44/30553-VTSP-Phuket-2010.zip

Steve Masson View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2011 at 4:55am
WOW great report I think this is one of my all time favourite threads. I am really impressed Rafal, it really does make me want to recreate your flight with that scenery excellent job. Clap
Cheers

Slipstream View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slipstream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2011 at 11:44am
I agree totally Steve, it just goes to show how valid FS9 still is, and what power the sim has when coupled with some great aircraft and scenery packages.
Rafal I absolutely love your work and like many others I find myself waiting in excitement for your next instalment.
Thanks for sharing.

Regards, James
markandrew2006 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markandrew2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2011 at 2:05pm
I'm going to chime in as well to let you know how much I appreciate your reports.

Your posts of your adventures, stories, and history are what makes this hobby and endless journey.

Thank you so much for sharing!

Respectfully,
Mark B.
Rafal_H View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rafal_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2011 at 8:21pm
Leg nine, flight BOE009
Phuket, Thailand to Jakarta, Indonesia

Sorry for another change in my original plan shown on the WT map.
I decided to skip Padang due to some reasons. So I flew directly to Jakarta.

The excellent Indonesia sceneries are freeware (and WIII is AES supported).

I have used the following:
- Jakarta Project Scenery Vol.1 (the city)
- Soekarno Hatta v2 (the airport)
They are available here: http://www.iscenery.net/

Plus great freeware terrain/mesh addons available here:
http://www.flightsim.com/file.php?cm=SEARCH1&fname=ina_v7.zip
http://www.flightsim.com/file.php?cm=SEARCH1&fname=javamesh.zip

Gavin View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2011 at 3:48am
Amazing stuff Rafal.  I've only just noticed this thread, which shows what a complete donkey I am ;-)

Am I right in thinking that you'll be going to Hanoi?  I'd happily recommend the Thai creation scenery for Noi Bai.  Just like the real airport, which I saw a few times in real life earlier this year thanks to LOT (Poznan there and back with female captain Waw-Hanoi) and Vietnam Airlines B777 to HCMC and A321 from Danang.

Amazing work mate :-)
Markoz View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2011 at 7:36am
Thank you for sharing this world tour. You're doing a great job with it. Smile

Mark

Mark

Core i7 870 | 8GB RAM | GTX470 | Windows 7 Profession 64bit | Flight Sim X Deluxe & Acceleration
Rafal_H View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rafal_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2011 at 7:56am
Originally posted by Gavin Gavin wrote:

Am I right in thinking that you'll be going to Hanoi?  I'd happily recommend the Thai creation scenery for Noi Bai

Hi, mate!
Yes, one of my next legs is going to Hanoi. The reason is I already have this scenery and confirm it is great.
Unfortunately I haven't bought Thai Creations' Paro, so I skipped that leg.
I don't have Siem Reap yet either so, unless I buy it spontaneously, I will fly from Singapore directly to Vietnam.

I'm glad to hear about your trip! I've never been in Vietnam but I agree Asia is one heck of a fascinating place to explore.
As you can clearly see from my report screenshots! LOL

alivasp View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alivasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2011 at 9:01am
G R E A T !!!
markandrew2006 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markandrew2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2011 at 9:44am
The picture showing the 737 and the orange tree is BRILLIANT!!! By far, one of the best Flight Simulator pictures taken... Fantastic job!!
mas618 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mas618 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2011 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Rafal_H Rafal_H wrote:

I'm becoming more and more interested in doing a world tour when the Ifly FSX comes out
The problem you will encounter is that there are incomparably more sceneries available for FS9 than for FSX.
But as you use both platforms, you will make the essence out of it.
With some replanning and the crucial will of flying I am sure it will be one heck of a great adventure! Thumbs Up

I have been simming since the first versions of MFS came out and remember all the thrills of this hobby.
But I must say this challenge has rewoken up a child in my soul. I'm having so much fun and excitement!
This is largely due to the fact that iFly 737 is all in all the best addon aircaft I've ever had the pleasure to drive.

I agree, and that will be the first option in planning the tour - a there enough available scenerys to even complete such a tour, with enough legs...

Untill then I gather excitement, thrill and WILL through your reports from the greatest world tour iv'e ever seen! Great job!

Mas
FSX W7x64 i5 2500K@4,3, 8GB RAM,660ti, ASN,AerosoftScenerys, AoN, Ifly737, PMDGJS41/NGX, TrackIR/EzDok, VATSIM for scandinavian-va.eu & Transavia-virtual.com
Gavin View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2011 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Rafal_H Rafal_H wrote:

[QUOTE=Gavin]
I'm glad to hear about your trip! I've never been in Vietnam but I agree Asia is one heck of a fascinating place to explore.
As you can clearly see from my report screenshots! LOL

Well, next time you're in Warszawa let me know and I'll take you to a real Vietnamese food place - not one of those Euro/Asian fast food places.  Very cheap and delicious, but there's only a couple in town :-)
Rafal_H View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rafal_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2011 at 12:18pm
Guys, thank you all for your very kind words.
Although I think you exaggerate sometimes, I am very happy you enjoy my reports and screenshots. Embarrassed

I'll take you to a real Vietnamese food place
If they offer vegetarian meals, I'm in on that!
Gavin View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2011 at 6:23am
There is one.  A tofu based dish.  Fish?
Rafal_H View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rafal_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2011 at 6:51am

Fish?
If it's from a fishtree, give it to me! LOL
Gavin View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2011 at 9:25am
It's probably a carp from Lazienki park.  And there are a lot of trees there ;-)
Rafal_H View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rafal_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2011 at 11:39am
LEG TEN, flight BOE010
Jakarta (Java), Indonesia to Denpasar (Bali), Indonesia

We had a one day break in the trip due to a rather poor METAR yesterday, with mist reducing visibility to just 1 mile.
Today the weather got better enough to continue our exciting voyage:

This time the flightplan takes us for a 539 nautical miles (1000 kilometres) long journey.
From Indonesia's capital city of Jakarta, we will fly over the island of Java, over Semarang and Surabaya - our alternative aerodrome.
Our destination is the exotic tropical paradise island of Bali, which witnessed horrible terrorist attacks in 2002.
But for ages Bali has been an island of exceptionally rich culture. It is known for painting, music and, of course, dance...

Indonesia is a country of more then 17 thousand islands, most of which are uninhabited.
This is also the land of volcanoes, with around 150 of them active (you probably heard at least about Krakatoa).

The excellent Bali Denpasar scenery is freeware (no AES).
You can get it here: http://dl.avsim.su/dl/ticket/ZmlkPTI1MzkzJnVpZD0wJmlwPTgzLjI5LjkwLjI0MyZobD1kZW5wYXNhcg/id/d30ea54437dd67baa7fa194095e335294dcff55c/44/25393-Bali.zip

Lazerus View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2011 at 3:44pm
Due to a very busy (personal) schedule I'm still stuck at Bucharest for the last couple of days...
I can tell you that my passengers are NOT amused for this delay Wink

But I check in the forums every single day to keep track of your Flights...and they are AWESOME!!Clap
My compliments on how you describe your flights and the way you tell the "little" story underneath each screeny.

This iFly World Tour is great...maybe we can do this all together someday during an organized ONLINE (VatSim/IVAO) event???? (HINT WinkTongue)

Kind regards
Lars

Rafal_H View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rafal_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2011 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Lazerus Lazerus wrote:

maybe we can do this all together someday during an organized ONLINE (VatSim/IVAO) event?

Hey, Lars!

How are you there? Thanks a lot for your enthusiasm.

I've been a VATSIM member for six years. To be honest I have been inactive lately due to RL reasons.
But I like the idea very much. We might think of organising an online event on day.
There is nothing like hearing fellow simmers (iFlyers) live. Cool

Keep tight, mate!
And good winds to lift you up from Bucharest soon.

Lazerus View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2011 at 7:55am
Hey Rafal!

Don't you worry about my enthusiasm, mate. That's all thanks to you're effort in this World Tour.
If you keep up this amazing effort, you'll get my enthusiasm (and that of a lot of other fellow simmers I'm sure) absolutely free of charge!Wink

To be honest, I've been a VatSim and an IVAO member for quite some time, but.... I never actually done a complete filght...EmbarrassedLOL.

I had some disappointing events during some online flights. Complete pre-flight checks and start up, loading and programming of the FMC and NAV etc... taxi clearance received, and just when I was ready to depart..."POEF!!" , fs9 crash and that all reassuring message that fs9 had encounterd a fatal error and will be restarted... AAAAAAHHHHCensored

But I sure am ready to give it all an other try with an enthusiastic group found here on this forum!
And would it not be a fabulous site to see all those iFly737's from all over the world lined up for departure or spaced above and below each others contrails at high Flight Level???Big smile
MarvK View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2011 at 12:52pm
Where would I find this orange Boeing Dreamliner livery being used in your World tour?  I searched the Flight1 library and only found the blue livery.

Very nice thread btw.  Really enjoy following it.  Smile

Thanks
Rafal_H View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rafal_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2011 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by MarvK MarvK wrote:

Where would I find this orange Boeing Dreamliner livery being used in your World tour?

Hey, MarvK
Nice to meet you!

You can get the orange rollout repaint here:
http://library.flight1.net/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=223

fsplayer View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2011 at 5:03pm
Great shots! I like the way you present your world tour with us! 
Rafal_H View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rafal_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2011 at 7:09pm
       LEG11, flight BOE011
        Denpasar, Indonesia to Singapore

Personally I'd say it is one of the most exciting flights during my tour.
       I have a great sentiment towards the Singapore Changi airport. One of my world's favourites.

Just think of airlines like Singapore Airlines (A380!), Qantas (A380!), Lufthansa, Air France, British, Cathay, KLM and many others.
       Imagine a small city-state in south-eastern Asia serving as one of the world's most important hubs.
       Think of over 40 million passengers served there a year.

And think of a beutiful Asian city located just 140 kilometres north of the equator.

Our flight is a bit over 2 hours long this time. We fly over Indonesia for most of its duration.
       In the end we descend into the Singapore Strait, close to Malaysia and perform a picturesque approach.

As we departed in an average weather from an empty airport, I decided not to publish any photo report from there.
       So, let's start well into the air...

Singapore is the most remote airport I have reached (a few times) directly (from Europe) in my flight simulator.
       I have been here with a 747-400, an A340-300, an MD-11F, a 777-300ER and a 767-300. You guess the addons. Wink
       Now, for the first time, thanks to iFly, with a 737. Nice as always or maybe even more!

The WSSS scenery is payware (AESed) by ImagineSim. You can buy it at SimMarket.
       I have two of their sceneries and this one is best (maybe off all they have made so far).
       The other is Hong Kong Chek Lap Kok, to be featured in 3 legs from now...

The city of Singapore (CBD) is a freeware addon by David J.Scott available here:
       http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=ftp&DLID=49019

Ricola View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2011 at 8:15am
Amazing as always!
Which font you use in your shots?
Rafal_H View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rafal_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2011 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Ricola Ricola wrote:

Which font you use in your shots?

Various ones. I find them in the Internet.
In the last series of shots I used 'A year without rain'.
You can find this and many other fonts here for instance:
http://www.dafont.com/

wellymayer View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wellymayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2011 at 10:03am
woooowwwww........congratulations!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic