iFly Development Team Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > iFly General User Forums > iFly General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topcat and the i737

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Topcat and the i737
    Posted: Jul-13-2011 at 10:03am
Hi-

For those of you using Topcat, how do you set it up in a networked situation? I'm currently running ASE and EFB from my laptop so WideClient and FSUIPC are all working correctly under those two programs. I've scoured the manual in addition to their forums but haven't found any precise directions. I've also emailed support but no answer. Lastly, does Topcat need to be running in the background to be functional? As you can see, I'm new at this.

Thanks,
Mark
jbucholz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbucholz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul-13-2011 at 2:40pm
Hello,

First, you need a registered version of WideFS. When you install FSUIPC, it will ask you if you want to install FSUIPC, WideFS, or both. Select both and enter your registration information. All you need to do is run WideClient on the computer that you'll be running with TOPCAT. No special installation or configuration is needed. Also, just for your info, you don't need wideclient to run ASE or EFB. ASE runs via SimConnect and EFB uses it's own data provider.
Jeremy "BZ" Bucholz

FAA - LAS ATCT

newtie View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul-14-2011 at 10:32am
A big thank you Jeremy. Everything works perfect. I'm surprised that this procedure was not mentioned in more detail in the manual. Oh well...

Thanks,
Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic