iFly Development Team Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > iFly General User Forums > iFly General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

view of the wings from the virtual cockpit ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alidialiante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: view of the wings from the virtual cockpit ?
    Posted: Jan-31-2011 at 6:02pm
maybe someone has already asked this question.

will be inserted by the virtual cockpit view of the wings?

thx;)Smile
auss81 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auss81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-31-2011 at 6:11pm
Into FS9, I don't believe so....It's due to FS9 limitations, the graphic engine is very old and it is very limited in managing polygons, less than FSX.

Yes, I remember someone asked about wing view from the cockpit in the past.....

The iFly 3D model is very complex, expecially the VC uses almost all resources available. Maybe the FSX version, but I don't have any ideas about.... Smile
Sebastiano Piscitello
alidialiante View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alidialiante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-31-2011 at 6:23pm
you're wrong .....
737PIC of the Wilco has the function of the wings from the virtual cockpit view.
also the PMDG 737.
also wilco airbus vol. 1 and 2
etc.

FS9 works fine;)
auss81 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auss81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-31-2011 at 6:31pm
I know this, but Wilco and PMDG 737 aircrafts use almost half the polygons iFly uses in VC. iFly VC is, in one word, "astonishing" while if You look at the others they are "flat".

They are "flat textures" applied on a 3D squared plan, while in the iFly VC every switch or knob is a real 3D object.

But this is only what i think and remember from the previous discussion about this argument, maybe someone else can clarify.... Wink
Sebastiano Piscitello
glepilotman View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glepilotman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-31-2011 at 6:35pm
Hi,

Before this thread goes downhill fast. There are no plan to add wing views to the FS9 version. There was another discussion about this in the forum somewhere awhile ago. The model has almost reached its max polygon limit that FS9 allows. It is just something that cannot be done with the IFLY model in FS9 without breaking something else. Sorry Embarrassed
Christopher Veltri

CYQT

luca30 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luca30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-01-2011 at 3:57am
But you said that the with the Feature Pack you would have included wing wiews!! Cry

Originally posted by Steve Masson Steve Masson wrote:

....Wing are planned to be added in the feature pack....

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alidialiante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-01-2011 at 5:17am
Originally posted by luca30 luca30 wrote:

But you said that the with the Feature Pack you would have included wing wiews!! Cry

Originally posted by Steve Masson Steve Masson wrote:

....Wing are planned to be added in the feature pack....

at least now we know that we have to waitCryCryCryCryCry

thxCry
Steve Masson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-01-2011 at 5:36am
Guys,

The team have said they will try and add wing views this is not from the flight deck as previously stated but the same effect other all ready have using the work around from the passenger cabin.  
Cheers

luca30 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luca30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-01-2011 at 9:59am
for me the best thing to do would be make a model with no VC so that is possible to create dynamic wing wiews...
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alidialiante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-01-2011 at 12:16pm
a model without VC ?......................AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

markrey View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-01-2011 at 12:28pm
No disrespect to our 2d only friends, but my sentiments exactly LOL. The LDS 767 converted me to VC flying, and I never looked back. To me the immersion factor is exponentially multiplied in the 3d environment (fullscreen of course). I absolutely LOVE it that iFly maxed the polygons on a nice vc full of thick fat switches and panelsBig smile
Regards
Mark
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alidialiante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-01-2011 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by markrey markrey wrote:

No disrespect to our 2d only friends, but my sentiments exactly LOL. The LDS 767 converted me to VC flying, and I never looked back. To me the immersion factor is exponentially multiplied in the 3d environment (fullscreen of course). I absolutely LOVE it that iFly maxed the polygons on a nice vc full of thick fat switches and panelsBig smile

HandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshakeHandshake

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
auss81 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auss81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-01-2011 at 1:08pm
I fly it only in VC mode using Active Camera Wink

I have to agree with You, in a 3D environment the immersion factor and the "reality" feeling make the flight "more immersive".

In VC You can also look around and be amazed by the scenery, the weather and altitude. I know the only advantage of the 2D panel is that it's more easy and fast to access panels and switches, but it's absolutely less "real".
Tongue
Sebastiano Piscitello
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alidialiante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-01-2011 at 2:13pm
3 years using the famous "TrackIR " and I have never flown in 2D.
we say that today I am a VC employeeLOL
LOLLOLLOL
Rafal_H View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rafal_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-01-2011 at 2:41pm
Gentlemen,
Please cool down with your emoticons. It's not a kindergarten. Wink
Before you get too angry let me say I am sure 'having a no-vc model' means having an option to choose a model without vc (just like PMDG 737/747, Level-D and some other addons have). It's no harm to anybody.
Leffe View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-01-2011 at 3:01pm
Rafal, you are of course right, since you only use 2D. I wouldnīt be disturbed, if there were
a solution, so some could choose 2D with wingview and some VC without wingwiew.
Wingview isnīt anything for me, since I wanna be in the flightdeck and not in a cabin
looking out on the wings. I can do that when Iīm going for a vacation.

But again, flying in vc, do make one feel being in the real flightdeck.
I made my transition some 3 years ago, when flying 747 most of the time and I found
it very difficult in the beginning, but after getting used to it. I never looked or flied in 2D.

Does iFly really have an 2D flightdeck?...(yes, I know they have), but I havenīt flown this bird in that enviroment and never will.

2 years ago I bought TrackIR which made the feeling even more realistic and I always use
it together with my presset views I have in Active Camera.
I would say: Those never tried a whole flight in VC, donīt know what they are missing.
Leffe

i7 2600K OC 4,3 GHZ,
EWGA 1,5GB-Corsair 16GB RAM
Antec H20-920 Cooler,
MSI P67A-GD80-Win7x64
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alidialiante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-01-2011 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Rafal_H Rafal_H wrote:

Gentlemen,
Please cool down with your emoticons. It's not a kindergarten. Wink
Before you get too angry let me say I am sure 'having a no-vc model' means having an option to choose a model without vc (just like PMDG 737/747, Level-D and some other addons have). It's no harm to anybody.

Excuse me sir, perhaps you did not notice my ironic.
I had understood.

I was joking.

you're a funny guy. Wink

markrey View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-01-2011 at 4:45pm

Gentlemen,

We're not 'angry' at you Rafal, nor are we contesting your desire for a non-vc/internal wingview model option. I think we're just beating our gums at how happy we are with the current models - no harm Wink
Regards
Mark
auss81 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auss81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-01-2011 at 5:04pm

Gentlemen,

We're not 'angry' at you Rafal, nor are we contesting your desire for a non-vc/internal wingview model option. I think we're just beating our gums at how happy we are with the current models - no harm Wink

I must agree on this!

Even if I have to admit that the future of PC flight simulation is in the "entire 3D environment", so the Virtual Cockpit, Cabin and so on....... It's only my opinion, but PC simulation will evolve in virtual reality.... Track IR is the first step in this progress......

Anyway, everyone can choose what he want.... 2D Cockpit, no Cockpit at all (for hardware flightdecks) etc..... Smile
Sebastiano Piscitello
Rafal_H View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rafal_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-01-2011 at 5:42pm
I'm flying iFly in VC, not 2D. To be frank, this is the aircraft which made me ultimately switch to VC flying. Even though my TrackIR is broken and I am left with Active Camera only.

All I was trying to say (but I'm not a native English speaker) is that I think adding an option (for those who want it) of having a non-vc model to choose would make no harm to anyone.
It is like that in PMDG 737/747, Level-D or LH Maddog and I heard no stories of anyone being negatively affected by that. I believe having a choice is always a great thing.

I neither request or expect anything in that matter. It was (meant to be) just a technical remark.
If I am still not being clear on what I am trying to say, just please disregard my posts in this thread.

P.S. As for the emoticons: I surely got the wink behind the posts. I'm just a bit tired with overuse of emoticons in many forums. Absolutely nothing personal really, sorry if it appeared like that.
auss81 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auss81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-01-2011 at 6:36pm
Rafal, don't worry we are just talking about cockpits and what we like or would like and so on.... nobody here is going annoyed or hurted Wink

I understand Your point about the option and, if the developers have the time, maybe they introduce it!

About speaking language, You are talking at least with two Italian guys...... I know, it's not so easy for us to speak correct English but we try! LOL
Sebastiano Piscitello
luca30 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luca30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-02-2011 at 12:35pm
I'm Italian too! Big smile

For me the fact is that if you are flying in the VC, automatically you can't fly in the wing wiew at the same time, because the wing wiew in FS9 is internal (in the VC wiew) and not like FSX, which has external wingwiews.
Maybe in the FSX version will be possible to introduce the wing wiew in the VC, but in FS9 with the polygon limitation is impossible. So for people that want VC and Wing wiew at the same time is not possible!
So I would like to have an option to fly with 2d and Wing wiew that is the only possibility in FS9('cause you can use at the same time 2d and Wingwiew) and and option with 2d and VC.
I Hope they realize my dream Smile
For me this Aircraft is perfect as it is now, If you introduce Wing Wiews this will become fantastic! Embarrassed
kerke View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr-25-2011 at 11:07am

With the LDS 767 you have choice to use VC or no VC. Many FSim users would rather fly with no VC and wing views than VC with no wing views. Does the iFly 737 have a no VC model?
Jannier View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Project Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jannier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr-25-2011 at 11:26am
No Kerke, it does not.
Regards
kerke View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr-25-2011 at 12:00pm
Does anybody know if by using the "walk&follow" utility, fixed wing views can be crated for the iFly 737?

markrey View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr-25-2011 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by kerke kerke wrote:

Does anybody know if by using the "walk&follow" utility, fixed wing views can be crated for the iFly 737?

Don't see why not since such views are created from spot view. fsrecorder can do it too.
Regards
Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic