iFly Development Team Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > iFly General User Forums > iFly General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

An issue with probably every addon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An issue with probably every addon
    Posted: Jan-13-2011 at 4:04am
Hello everybody,
Today I want to discuss something really important about FS airports including addon and default ones.
When we upgrade the AIRAC of particular aircraft. There leads to great conflict b/w latest AIRAC and FS one ....AIRAC 1013 has little changed headings for runways of dubai but the Fly tampa scenary I am using has the same old one....
Even freqeuncy/headings/runways from FMC and the fs airport mismatch .
Latest the Airac more the problems
Hope somebody here is getting my point....
This issue is really very important I hope it's considered...
Mark Richards View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Richards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-13-2011 at 4:47am
Raju: This is something beyond the iFly and Flight1 teams I'm afraid.  Can't say I've ever noticed and I've been getting AIRACs each month since back in the first Navdata days.
Rafal_H View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rafal_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-13-2011 at 4:50am
Yes, that has always been an issue in MFS.

I'm not offering any definite solution to that (it works just for the defualt navdata base), but anyway have a look here:
http://hsors.pagesperso-orange.fr/navaids.html

Jannier View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Project Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jannier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-13-2011 at 5:42am
Unfortunately this is beyond our control, the only way to fix this is to keep your FS scenery updated, either by the designer or 3rd party person, many make updated AFCAD you can download from AVSIM and all other FS communities to correct the parking, taxi ways and rwy heading positions and signs.

It is a never ending game of keeping things up to date.

I personally during my preps for a flight make sure the airport scenery match the current charts (with FSCommander), and if not then I go look for a update AFCAD file to fix it.
Regards
auss81 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auss81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-13-2011 at 5:50am
There's a way to solve this issue:

Install AFCAD (FS9) and ADE (FSX) and You can modify Frequencies, VORs, ILS, Courses, Runways and lot more for "every" airport! Default and Addon.

Like Jannier said, this is an issue that go beyond programmers because depends on FS itself.

I use AFCAD, so when I have to fly to an outdated airport I simply edit it to match everything with the current charts and AIRACS. It takes only few minutes, really.
Sebastiano Piscitello
raju View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-13-2011 at 12:14pm
As there is no Final fix for this issue I think Navdata company should update the FS9 Airport AIRAC as well!
Thanks everybody for your replies I am going to consider all of 'em.
Jannier View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Project Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jannier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-13-2011 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by raju raju wrote:

I think Navdata company should update the FS9 Airport AIRAC as well!

There exists no such thing!
Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic