iFly Development Team Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > iFly General User Forums > iFly General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Before I buy....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Before I buy....
    Posted: Aug-13-2012 at 7:15pm
I do not have access to the FAQ section so forgive me if there is an answer to my question elsewhere.  My question is as follows:  to get wing views on the fs2004 version, will I have to purchase a separate camera program? I have used fsrecorder which is free for quite some time but it requires the wings to be visible from the cockpit or virtual cockpit view to set different views.  Again, sorry if this has been answered already.  I did search before posting but only saw a reference to the faq section which I do not have access to. 

Thank you for your time.

Kirby
Kirby
markrey View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug-14-2012 at 1:02am
Hello Kirby,

The iFly fs2004 models do not include wing views of the type you mean (fs9 'viewpoint 1'). All available polys are maxed out in the VCs. However if you don't mind compromising a little, then just like say the PMDG 744 you can use fsrecorder to create/save external (viewpoint 2) wingviews from SPOT view.

And might I just add, wingviews or no, don't deprive yourself of one of the best aircraft packages ever produced, best support out there and a wonderful community - see you soon I hope Wink
Regards
Mark
kbdog View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug-14-2012 at 1:52pm
Mark, 

Thank you for your reply and I will still consider the purchase.  For me wing views are nice to have but certainly not a deal breaker.  I can appreciate the hard work put into making such a realistic representation of a real life aircraft that I would rather have a great flying experience over a wing view that is only useful to me during certain aspects of the flight anyways.  Have a great day, and hopefully this weekend or in the near future I will be able to add the Ifly 737 to my fleet.

Kirby
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic