iFly Development Team Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > iFly General User Forums > iFly General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Excellent 737NG photos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rafal_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Excellent 737NG photos
    Posted: Sep-18-2010 at 3:19pm
If you browse Airliners.net regularly you may know JPC van Heijst.
No matter if you do have a look at his excellent photos.
I guess it will make you NEED to fly iFly even more! Cool
http://www.pbase.com/flying_dutchman/boeing_737
Larypac View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larypac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-18-2010 at 3:55pm
Just a word:Magnifique!
In 3 weeks i'll travel with Transavia 737-800 (LFRS to GMMX).
I'm very excited to do this travel in this airplane

Laurent
Leffe View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-18-2010 at 4:01pm
Great shots! Thumbs Up 

/ Leffe
Leffe

i7 2600K OC 4,3 GHZ,
EWGA 1,5GB-Corsair 16GB RAM
Antec H20-920 Cooler,
MSI P67A-GD80-Win7x64
flyinpilot212121 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyinpilot212121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-18-2010 at 9:30pm
Very nice shots.  He definetly has a knack for photography.
Hooorrraaayyyyy for IFLY,Flight1 and FS2crew

Dillon View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dillon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-18-2010 at 11:13pm
These pictures bring to light the need for a weather radar in the iFly model.  If the real bird has it the iFly model should have it.  This is one thing I know the PMDG bird won't have as they never include a weather radar in their birds.  Say what you say about how well weather is modeled via any FS radar the point is it should be there.  Another thing that would be cool is allowing the center LCD screen to show a static camera picture like what's shown in one of the pics.  It could show a static picture of the other side of the cockpit door and nothing else.  The point is it's a great idea to include in the iFly model.

Thanks for the pics and ideas this could give to the team.
christos View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-19-2010 at 3:00am
Agreed, wx radar is something that really would complete this bird for me.

Chris Howard
TNA777 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNA777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-19-2010 at 4:08am

Amazing shot!Thumbs Up

Leffe View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-19-2010 at 5:34am
Originally posted by Dillon Dillon wrote:

These pictures bring to light the need for a weather radar in the iFly model.  If the real bird has it the iFly model should have it.  This is one thing I know the PMDG bird won't have as they never include a weather radar in their birds.  Say what you say about how well weather is modeled via any FS radar the point is it should be there.  Another thing that would be cool is allowing the center LCD screen to show a static camera picture like what's shown in one of the pics.  It could show a static picture of the other side of the cockpit door and nothing else.  The point is it's a great idea to include in the iFly model.

Thanks for the pics and ideas this could give to the team.
PMDG are right! There´s no way for the sim engine to read the weather in a realism way. It would only be a eye toy thing, taking more FPS from the running sim. Yes it´s to bad, but for FS9 and FSX that´s a fact.
/ Leffe
Leffe

i7 2600K OC 4,3 GHZ,
Antec H20-920 Cooler,
MSI P67A-GD80-Win7x64
Gibson View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-19-2010 at 6:02am

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyinpilot212121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-19-2010 at 9:28am
thats just awesome GibsonClap

Patrick Cramer View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick Cramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-19-2010 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Leffe Leffe wrote:

PMDG are right! There´s no way for the sim engine to read the weather in a realism way. It would only be a eye toy thing, taking more FPS from the running sim. Yes it´s to bad, but for FS9 and FSX that´s a fact.
/ Leffe

Nothing here can be simulated in a realistic way if you want to be radical. We have no motion, we have no ATC (a acceptable one), we have no G effects...many things. The point is that we're aviation lovers and we just want to feel how it taste like. Even being an "eye toy" as you said, it would be there and people would be able to switch on/off whenever they want but none would have reason to complain about if it's not there. If it boders or decrease performance, turn off. If you just want to have more colors on your panel and at least a bit more of realism and see the red blush, look right and see a huge CB, or at least pretend that it's there (!!), what the problem? I think it would be a nice facility as it is on the PSS's 777. It's not perfect but gives what it supposed to give and nothing else. If it's not perfect, it's due to FS limitations, at least the thing is there.
Patrick Cramer
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyinpilot212121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-19-2010 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Patrick Cramer Patrick Cramer wrote:

Originally posted by Leffe Leffe wrote:

/ Leffe

Nothing here can be simulated in a realistic way if you want to be radical. We have no motion, we have no ATC (a acceptable one), we have no G effects...many things. The point is that we're aviation lovers and we just want to feel how it taste like. Even being an "eye toy" as you said, it would be there and people would be able to switch on/off whenever they want but none would have reason to complain about if it's not there. If it boders or decrease performance, turn off. If you just want to have more colors on your panel and at least a bit more of realism and see the red blush, look right and see a huge CB, or at least pretend that it's there (!!), what the problem? I think it would be a nice facility as it is on the PSS's 777. It's not perfect but gives what it supposed to give and nothing else. If it's not perfect, it's due to FS limitations, at least the thing is there.
I couldnt agree more with Patrick, even if it is not 100% realistic it will be more immersive than not having one at all.

Leffe View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-19-2010 at 12:41pm
Seems this weather thing, is wanted by 1000 and 1000 of simmers.
That I miss mostly, is an inflatable Co Pilot so I have a buddy to share a beer with during a boring flight.
The sim isn´t realistic anyway...Right! Wacko
Leffe

i7 2600K OC 4,3 GHZ,
Antec H20-920 Cooler,
MSI P67A-GD80-Win7x64
glepilotman View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glepilotman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-19-2010 at 1:11pm
Well I admit, an "eye candy' weather radar would be nice in the IFLY 737. Now that I have said that. I will give you my take on the issue. For as long as flight simulator has been around, there has always to types of groups. The first is the "Eye Candy" people and the other is the "Frame Rate" people. A lot of their battle's can be seen daily on all the flight sim forums.

Example 1) This aircraft will only have a virtual cockpit
"Eye Candy" Thats great! I have not used a 2D panel since FS2002.
"Frame Rate" I'm not buying your aircraft. I only use 2d, a VC only will destroy my frame rates.

Example 2) Our aircraft will have a virtual passenger cabin and even a flushing toilet.
"Eye Candy" Awesome! I can hardly wait to explore and go to the virtual bathroom.
"Frame Rate" I will not be buying your plane, this option will bring down my frame rates and really. Are we flying the plane? or simulating being a passenger?

Example 3) Our soon to be released aircraft will have a working weather radar
"Eye Candy" Super Cool!
"Frame Rate" Great another useless aircraft feature cause we know flight sim cannot simulate weather well. I will not be buying your aircraft, as this option will bring down frames rates.

Personally I do not belong to any camp. If the plane is good, I will buy it. No matter what features it comes with. I can however see it from the developers point of view. If we include the feature, people will complain, if we don't people will still complain.

(Disclaimer) This is my own personal view point. It does not represent the view point of Flight One or IFLY on this matter. And no offense was meant to anyone by this post.
Christopher Veltri

CYQT

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick Cramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-19-2010 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by glepilotman glepilotman wrote:

If we include the feature, people will complain, if we don't people will still complain.

To be honest I belong to the Frame Rate group but I have to disagree with you here. If you don't have it people will complain but if you have it and you can turn off to safe your performance, why people whould complain about it? If I'm not wrong, Wilco's 733 gives that option.
Patrick Cramer
glepilotman View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glepilotman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-19-2010 at 7:48pm
Hi Patrick,

The part that you quoted me on. Its not my opinion. Just something I have heard from developers over the years.
Christopher Veltri

CYQT

Freek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-20-2010 at 8:17am
Dear Sir,

No PMDG for me anymore Tongue
IFly "the best there is "Clap, but it would be more complete with a weatherradar Cry
So please keep me informed Embarrassed
Thanks in advance, best regards an d "happy landings" Thumbs Up
Freek (Netherlands-Kijkduin)
Valkyrie View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valkyrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-20-2010 at 6:09pm
Hi All,

Eye Candy or Frame Rates, I understand both view points.

The Radar should be there & should be able to be turned off.

Then everybody will be happy, thus more sales in the long run.

Regards
Valkyrie
-------
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick Cramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-21-2010 at 11:53am
oh yeah :D
Patrick Cramer
Axel H View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Axel H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-22-2010 at 11:13am
Hi,

have you noticed that there is one picture of the FMC with green letters? What type is this?

Regards,

Axel
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick Cramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-22-2010 at 11:17am
Axel,

Just an older software. Geek
Patrick Cramer
Axel H View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Axel H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-22-2010 at 12:00pm
Nice to know ;-)  Thx
Steve Masson View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-22-2010 at 12:26pm

It is an old CRT Screen, this is a few still out there but the majority are the new LCD's

Cheers

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic