Topic ClosedFMC with default ATC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: FMC with default ATC
    Posted: Jan-04-2011 at 7:46am
Hi all,

I seriously consider buying the iFly 737, but I have a unanswered questions left:

Is it possible to import default FS2004 flightplans into the FMC? If not, will this feature be considered? I also own the Qualitywings 757, and here this works like a charm! Generate a flightplan in FS2004, select it and activate it in the FMC and go!

And does the iFly737 use its own navigation database? If so, how do you avoid making a flightplan with waypoints not recognized by FS2004 ATC?

Thanks in advance,

Erik
Steve Masson View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-04-2011 at 7:57am
Hello Erik,

Welcome to the forum. The aircraft does not support FS flightplans. With Airacs provided by Navigraph would cause numerous issue with waypoints etc that are remained or no longer used.

I have never experienced an issue with the fs2004 atc, it is something I don't use as it is so inaccurate.

With Flight1 you do have a 30 day no quibble refund option, so if the aircraft is too complex or does meet you expectations you can claim your refund no questions asked.

Cheers

Er!k View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-04-2011 at 8:03am
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your quick reply! I only fly off-line and always use default ATC guidance, although not perfect at all... If I understand from your answer, you do not use ATC at all? Is it something iFly considers for the future?

Maybe other users know how to use these two together?
keenrw View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-04-2011 at 8:20am
Hi Er!k

I sometimes fly off line .. i never use offline ATC except for take off and landings .. , you really should try and join an online network like Vatsim .. it really adds realism to your flights .
Also don't let the fact that the IFLY737 dosnt support FS flight plans put you off buying it .. you will be missing out on a great Add on .

Rich
Captain737NG View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-04-2011 at 10:09am
Erik,

Please, if you wouldn't buy this amazing add-on, just because you can't use default FS9 routes, you'll really miss something. If you want, I can help you fly this baby, also for flying online. Just call, and I'll help.

Stefan
markrey View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-04-2011 at 10:12am
I've always used default ATC with every high end aircraft I've flown. Over the years I've found that yes, at times fs9's waaaay outdated database causes conflicts with current airacs as you update your fmc, but the worst that happens is atc bugs you to change heading until you reach another waypoint. Still, even now, 99% of the time default ATC does not bug me enroute, I guess high altitude waypoints have not changed that much.

Re importing fs plans - I've no issue with this not being available, I'm done inputting manually in minutes and I can save them. iFly 737 is a must for any serious enthusiast - don't hesitate Wink
Regards
Mark
Jens0953 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-04-2011 at 10:58am
Hi Erik.
I will think, that if you make a flightplan in FS - save it - load the plan and want to fly, then I really don't see any problem in getting a flightplan from A to B online, like Routefinder, then you will have all info for putting into FMC and off you go.
You will not be any later airborne, because you have the time for getting the bird up running anyway. That's the charme in flying iFly, and I fly always offline - with Radar Contact (purchased) - but is still like the real deal. My advice is: Buy it and try, you will surely not getting disappointed. (And the support here is GREAT!) Wink
Happy landings from
J.P.Frost

Win 7 64/ASUS P5N-D/Intel Q9650/4GB RAM/GTX 480 1,5 GB/Dual Monitor 22"
dmelia View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-04-2011 at 2:54pm
Hi Erik

Well good advice so far, but of course most of these boys love to fly on line - as I do myself, but I do the majority of my flying off line - because if work, family or life intervenes, I can pause it--- vatsim get a bit upset if you pause a flight in the middle of their approach... and the answer, as posted above, is Radar Contact. Here's how i do it.

1) get Vroute, if you can afford it, get the "premium" version - So now you can plan your route - you can export it in FS2004 format - which is compatible in Radar Contact, AND in iFly format - Steve correct me here if they didn't iron out the bugs yet.

2) OK, start FS... position your aircraft at the departure gate, and fire up Radar contact... import the FS2004 flightplan you just exported from Vroute. There are several other options here that I wont go into but if you buy it you'll figure those out

3) Go through your pre-flight and load the SAME exported flight plan (exported in iFly format from vroute) by entering the company route, eg EGCCLIRF into the RTE page on your FMC - you might need to add the SID and STAR. Now both Radar contact and your iFly FMC are programmed with the same route.

4) Radar contact will place some prompts on the screen in FS9 to Call for weather, call for clearance etc.

So... you can fly OFF line, using realistic ATC (well more realistic than the default FS9 ATC) and  Radar contact knows the exact same route your iFly FMC is programmed with. It will work with default FS9 AI traffic, no traffic or add-on traffic - like Ultimate traffic or My Traffic.

Any more real and you will have to fly on line with VATSIM or IVAO, but if off line is your preference, trust me, this will work..... and the iFly 737NG is a joy, an absolute joy, the guys here are fantastic, Steve, the developers, the Flight1 support team and the rest of us "bus drivers" will give you all the help you need... be the best 54 dollars you ever spend.

Speaking of which Steve.... how about an iFly training and support Teamspeak channel?????

Drew
Er!k View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-05-2011 at 2:18am
Guys, thanks for all the replies so far! Will check the bird out and let you know ;)
Skywalker View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-05-2011 at 2:51am
Also Fsbuild is really Nice. It has a database cycle similar to IFLY and will export a flight plan for the default ATC with all the latest waypoints. I am not sure it support exporting to IFLY737 as it is a relatively new addon for FS. but it has for a lot of other FS addons like pmdg, wilco, maddog MD80 etc. with FSBUILD you could sync the aircraft flightplans and default ATC with the latest and most current Navdata.
ohsirus View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-05-2011 at 5:03am
I have FSbuild, but recently got Vroute Premium. Fuel Planner, Weather tracker, exports to numerous formats, constantly updated, map links, scenery links, and gives you that nice lil flight chart.  For ATC I use RC4/MCE for voice.
KarimAzazy View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr-14-2012 at 10:36am
Dear sir.
i have ifly 737ng but when i open FSX there no sound for ATC only engine can you help me
KARIM ELAZAZY
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr-14-2012 at 10:44am
Please post in the FSX forum. Please read the topic read before posting and post the information the team need to help you. Including what version you are using bpdefault 1.01 or with SP1.2 installed. no support is offered in the general forum.

Sorry.
Cheers

Er!k View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-23-2013 at 2:57pm
Hello guys, it has been a while and the iFly is more mature now. So, asking the same question again; is it possible now to import an FS2004 FP directly into the 737 FMC?

Thanks in advance!
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-23-2013 at 3:01pm
No and it never will as fs9 navdata is way out of date. You want things as real as possible.
Cheers

fighter4life View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun-21-2014 at 10:55pm
who do i need to contact to get my money back for the ifly? i discovered a deal braker (in my opinion) which was that Radar contact v4 (a third party atc add on) that i purchased a little over two weeks ago does not work when flying the ifly aircraft. so i was simply going to return the airplane and get the pmdg version. 
****FOR ANYBODY ELSE BUYING THIS AIRPLANE****
i have found no issue with the working of this aircraft. i love it and wish i could fix this so radar contact will work. but do not let me discourage you from purchasing this airplane. YOU WILL LOVE IT.
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun-21-2014 at 11:29pm
If you want a refund, contact support at Flight 1.
Best,
Jim

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun-21-2014 at 11:46pm
by what means? their support just list a bunch of fourms. i dont mean to sound angry but i am getting annoyed that i cant find the the help i need.
ghiomkl View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun-22-2014 at 12:46am
what do you mean by "does not work with Radar Contact"?
That's all I use and I don't see how one would prevent the other form "working".
Interesting.
Thanks for the explanation.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun-22-2014 at 12:51am
what i mean is that the interface comes up but when lets say i push one on my keyboard to ask for my clearence. it wouldnt do anything. but then id go back to the default 737 and itd work fine.
IDEMA View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun-22-2014 at 3:32am
Hello! I use Routefinder and save the Flight Plans as FS2XX and as Plain text. Then I insert manually waypoints and routes in the FMC and load the plan in FSX. Using FS ATC all the times, it recognize my plan but no SID and Stars and altitude is setted at 33000 feet by default. I can follow the ATC guidance for dep and landings, no issues.. in other words FSX ATC recognize any plan created as *.pln format. I guess for FS9 is the same...
Ciao! Francesco
i5 2550K (4.2ghz)-8gbRAM-Win7 Pro 64 bit-FSX on OCZ SSD 120GB

Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun-22-2014 at 3:46am
Radar contact works without issue and one of the developers from radar contact is a member of the forums. A bunch of forums is how you get support for your product and get to upgrade it to the current version. We won't offer support until the user registers the product as we get pirate users every other day looking for support without purchasing the product. You own you deserve support and you will get that in the registered forums. You will also find the latest up date there

Behaviour breeds behaviour, there are nice ways to get people to help, I understand your frustration, but "guys I am new to the iFly and have issues could someone tell how to get some help". The users here are extremely helpful and pitch in with the support team.

If you wish a refund please submit a ticket via the Flight1.com ticket system. 
http://www.flight1.com/ticket.asp

Register for support.
http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=12&title=how-to-get-access-to-the-licensed-member-area

I have now locked this thread hopefully we will see you in the correct support forum where we can help. The radar contact guys would also have helped I am told had you asked them.
Cheers

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic