iFly Development Team Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > iFly General User Forums > iFly General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FSX Version?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FSX Version?
    Posted: Sep-12-2010 at 5:38pm
Hi Steve,

Just wondering if there is any news on the FSX version? I.e. a rough estimate as to when it would be released?

Cheers
Steve Masson View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-12-2010 at 5:45pm
Hi

Flight1 policy is not to give estimated release dates as this can cause disappointment when the project is delayed.

This is the first place you will hear what happening so keep checking the forums.

Take care
Cheers

ayster View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-12-2010 at 5:51pm
You could whisper it, i won't tell! ;) Seriously though, I guess I'll just have to find some more patience from somewhere!

cheers
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-12-2010 at 6:00pm

The main thing here is that improvements and suggestions made by users are helping to shape the future FSX version, so what happening in FS9 is very important for FSX.

If you purchase the FS9 version you will get approx 70% discount on the FSX version when released. I don't know if that is enough to make it worth installing FS9 again for a while.

Cheers

ayster View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-12-2010 at 6:37pm
hmm, maybe! I'll have to think about that one!

cheers
Steve Halpern View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-12-2010 at 6:42pm
The plan is to offer upgrades for $14.95.

Steve

Flight One Software
ayster View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-13-2010 at 2:25pm
Thanks Steve, I'm just thinking of the hassle of digging out the discs, then re-installing FS9 and all my addons, then paying $14.95 extra to get the FSX model, for only a couple of months wait?... still thinking about it though!
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-13-2010 at 2:31pm

It's not a problem a friend felt the same he had moved away from FS9 and was in for a coffee and had a look at one of the test flights I had running. He wasn't pleased, spent an hour in the loft getting out his old disc's. Hopefully we will get all the issues wrapped up here and the team can push on with FSX and you won't need to wait to long.

Cheers

glepilotman View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glepilotman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-13-2010 at 2:33pm
You won't regret re-installing FS9. Since the IFLY 737 came out, my FSX is gathering dust. This aircraft has brought new life into FS9. And is a joy to have on my hard drive.

(Disclaimer) This was my opinion before I got the fancy banner in my signature. With every patch, this aircraft gets better and better.
Christopher Veltri

CYQT

ayster View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-13-2010 at 2:34pm
Thats my dilema exactly, not even sure where my fs9 discs are! We had a 'tidy up' a few months back! ....Might just have a quick look in the loft anyway! :)
ayster View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-13-2010 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by glepilotman glepilotman wrote:

You won't regret re-installing FS9. Since the IFLY 737 came out, my FSX is gathering dust. This aircraft has brought new life into FS9. And is a joy to have on my hard drive.

(Disclaimer) This was my opinion before I got the fancy banner in my signature. With every patch, this aircraft gets better and better.
Yep, it looks good, and I could see from the old forum that the team were working hard to fix the initial problems etc.
ayster View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-20-2010 at 9:15am
OK, so I found FS9 and re-installed it and some of my old addons (can't believe how quick it runs on my PC!!) anyway, just a couple of quick queries before I purchase the iFly737...

I watched a youtube video which says its the ifly with the interim patch applied, however I noticed that the windscreen wipers are still not connected to the a/c and the font on the CDU didn't look quite right (admittably it wasn't a great resolution video on my screen) I thought these two things were fixed in the patch?

EDIT: I just rewatched the video in high res and can see the font is now fixed!

Also, was wondering what else needs to be fixed with SP1?

Also wondering if its actually worth my while buying the fs9 version as I would really want the FSX version, and if I buy this now, I will have to pay an extra $14.95 when the FSX version comes out, whereas if I wait, then I can get it at the same price as the fs9 version (if you see what I mean?) I'm assuming there of course the FSX version will be the same price as the fs9 version! I suppose I'm asking in a round about way how long until the FSX version comes out!! ;)
.....I know, I know...you can't say! :)

Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-20-2010 at 9:43am
Hi,

We have a number of bugs and suggestions to add to the aircraft for the SP. Enhancements that user suggest will have an effect on the FSX version and should see there added at the point of release.

The wiper issue can only been seen using something like track IR like in the video and will be addressed for SP.

I can't tell you if there any point in buying just now,  that is one for you. If you don't want to fly the aicraft in FS9 there isn't really a lot to think about.

How long for FSX version my answer is always the same I don't have a date for that and Flight1's policy is not comments on expected release dates and it sometimes leaves people un happy.
Cheers

ayster View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-20-2010 at 9:49am
Thanks Steve, I'm not saying I disagree with F1's stance on release dates, just chancing my arm! Unfortunatly (for me) patience is not one of my strong points! Will most likely buy the iFly, as I guess I can refund if I really don't like it?!
Cheers.
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-20-2010 at 10:18am
I understand I am that person most times as well, I had to add FS9 to my newest test system and I haven't started FSX since and even though most of my flights are testing the 737 still makes me smile.
Cheers

ayster View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-20-2010 at 10:21am
Have just bought! Shocked
Patience has now run out!!

Cheers,
A
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-20-2010 at 10:44am
I hope you enjoy it see you on the registered sideWink
Cheers

FSXtreme View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSXtreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep-20-2010 at 7:51pm
I want to just say again that this 737 is outstanding.  I'm normally in FSX, but I have been wearing my FS9 out lately with this beautiful 737.  I am busy installing many of the new liveries that are becoming available on Avsim.
Flight1 should mention on the product page that tons of liveries are quickly becoming available for the full series.  Even the BBJs.
I just want to ask.  I realize that FS9 is limited on the graphics end, but I notice that several decals on the overhead and cockpit are badly blurred.  I would hope that when the FSX version is released, all of the decals and small details will be photo realistic.
I hate to see such a beautiful product unnecessarily compromised by overlooking small details that surly can't be very hard to fix.
Blurred decals and such are common in FS9, but would not be acceptable in FSX standards.
Please don't think that I'm complaining.  This is an awesome 737 and I am really enjoying it a lot.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic