iFly Development Team Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > iFly General User Forums > iFly Public Announcments and Forum Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Launch of The Home Cockpit Builders Version

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Launch of The Home Cockpit Builders Version
    Posted: Oct-30-2011 at 1:09pm

Home Cockpit Builders Edition of the Flight1/iFly 737 Announced

Flight1 and the iFly Development Team are pleased to announce that the Home Cockpit Builders Edition of the award-winning iFly 737NG series will be launched at the Lelystad FS Weekend on the 5th and 6th November 2011.

Come and witness the software in action at the Flight1 stand and see for yourself how easy this software is to configure across multiple networked computers and displays. This will transform your 737NG Cockpit build with a one-box solution.

The software seamlessly integrates with the current IFly 737NG for FSX, giving users the ultimate in flexibility in their choice of 737NG model and allows fitting out their cockpit with their choice of Boeing factory options. We also have worked with multiple hardware vendors to make sure the 737NG connects to a wide range of cockpit components. Making a home cockpit has never been so easy!

Using its own protocol, the client PC's connect with FSX and the iFly 737NG using client/server technology, allowing the user to create all of the gauges required for the perfect 737NG flight deck. You only need FSX on one computer! The Home Cockpit version software uses many standalone components, and it all links together through self-discovery protocols to the main cockpit server, which seamlessly runs on the FSX/iFly computer. No 3rd party programs, or confusing network configurations are required.

The following Gauges are available in this package and can be added to any screen as one single display, or across multiple networked computers and displays, mixing and matching as required.

Captain:
PFD
ND
FMC(display and Full FMC option)

First Officer:
PFD
ND
FMC(display and Full FMC option)

Engine Displays:
Upper DU
Lower DU
Standby gauges

You can have the Captain or First Officer's PFD and ND on one display, or split across separate computers or displays. Likewise you can add the the set of Standby gauges to the Upper DU screen if a shared monitor is covering both of these systems. The FMC CDU is available as a borderless 'screen' only for use in hardware devices, or as full CDU for single screen use with mouse interaction or touch screen input as required. The overhead panel can be fed to secondary monitors connected to the main FSX/iFly computer, and placed in an overhead mount for even more realism.

This package offers the ultimate flexibility - removing the need for numerous programs to achieve the same effect. Simply start FSX and Select the iFly 737NG of your choice and the server will automatically connect with your client PC's. The preselected gauges will then open automatically on the appropriate displays.

To celebrate the launch, home-cockpit builders will be able to purchase a special 'pre-release' edition of this software at the Lelystad show for 300 (with replacement disc and printed manual on final release) saving 50. If you can't make the show, why not pre-order before Monday 7th November and save 50 off the release retail price. The product will be sold at a retail price of 350 AFTER Monday the 7th of November 2011.

The iFly 737 for FSX is bundled with the product. Current owners of the iFly 737NG for FSX upgrading to the Home Cockpit Builders Edition will be eligible for a special discount on this product. This product is only available in boxed edition and cannot be purchased as a downloadable product.

Further information will be publish shortly on iFly Forums, with additional information published and how to purchase shortly before the release date.

Cheers

ohsirus View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohsirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-31-2011 at 5:29am
This is going to be interesting.
markfire View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-31-2011 at 6:44am
Believe me, it's a top product! Fully configurable and a must for anyone building a cockpit around the ifly 737. Compared to other well known products it's a snip.

Support from Flight1 is of course, second to none.

Regards

Mark
ohsirus View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohsirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-31-2011 at 12:02pm
Kind of leary though with no demo.
jbucholz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbucholz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-31-2011 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by ohsirus ohsirus wrote:

Kind of leary though with no demo.

If you already own the regular iFly, there's your demo .
Jeremy "BZ" Bucholz

FAA - LAS ATCT

ohsirus View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohsirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-31-2011 at 12:25pm
I think I'll wait till i see some videos before i get excited.
markfire View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-31-2011 at 12:33pm
Jeremy

You know!!
: )

regards

Mark
jbucholz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbucholz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-31-2011 at 12:46pm

I think I'll wait till i see some videos before i get excited.

Well, just out of curiosity, what would be the benefit of having a demo version? Really the only thing different from the normal version is that you can run external displays and CDU's. I'm not trying to say that you are wrong in wanting to wait. I would really like to hear your concerns as a possible customer because maybe Steve can convince the developer to make a demo version. You will defiantly see videos of the software in action once the time is right.
Jeremy "BZ" Bucholz

FAA - LAS ATCT

Steve Masson View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-31-2011 at 12:53pm
At the moment there is no need for a Demo as the 30 day money back offer is included in the Home Cockpit builder version. Mark and Jeremy have been part of the test team and will be on hand to help in the forum when released. As Jeremy has said, there is really nothing to show it is the iFly with a server and client tool.

I will publish more details screen shots and a great FAQ Jeremy has compiled, in the next few days.
Cheers

jbucholz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbucholz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-31-2011 at 1:02pm
Well, I'd day 30-Day guarantee is better than a demo. You get the full version and if it doesn't meet your needs/expectations, simply return it.
Jeremy "BZ" Bucholz

FAA - LAS ATCT

rijkinbeeld View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rijkinbeeld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-31-2011 at 2:41pm
Will it be compatible with the FlyEngravity MIP ics-version and their FMC?
jbucholz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbucholz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-31-2011 at 2:49pm
I can't speak for the Engravity CDU, but I'm a bit confused by your question on compatibility with the Engravity MIP. As long as the MIP has a monitor that is connected to a networked computer, you'll be able to see the displays.
Jeremy "BZ" Bucholz

FAA - LAS ATCT

Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-31-2011 at 2:51pm
We are working on a driver for the CDU with Engravity and hope to have something for users to test within the next couple of weeks. We are working with Engravity to overcome the issues we have experienced so far.
Cheers

Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-31-2011 at 2:52pm
Our demo unit for the Lelystad show was prepared for us by Engravity, so if you are going to the show come over and see the unit in action.
Cheers

ohsirus View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohsirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-31-2011 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by jbucholz jbucholz wrote:

Well, I'd day 30-Day guarantee is better than a demo. You get the full version and if it doesn't meet your needs/expectations, simply return it.

Didn't think the thirty day applied to box versions. Just saying for 420 bucks i would be leary of plucking down the money and have it not work and also "trying not to mention competitors" what new does it bring? Just the 737 with undocked gauges? I do that now.
JPVisser View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPVisser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-31-2011 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Steve Masson Steve Masson wrote:

Our demo unit for the Lelystad show was prepared for us by Engravity, so if you are going to the show come over and see the unit in action.

I'll take you up on that offer.
You'll meet me Saturday.
I'm very curious as to how this all works and looks.

cheers

Tom.
rijkinbeeld View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rijkinbeeld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-31-2011 at 3:43pm
Good to know that you are trying to make it work with Engravity.
I'm using prosim737 at this moment but there isn't good Flight model for it. So i'm very happy two get it both in one solution!
As for the mip, they also sell an ics version wich completly outfitted with all the CPflight hardware.
jbucholz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbucholz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-31-2011 at 3:59pm

Originally posted by jbucholz jbucholz wrote:

Didn't think the thirty day applied to box versions. Just saying for 420 bucks i would be leary of plucking down the money and have it not work and also "trying not to mention competitors" what new does it bring? Just the 737 with undocked gauges? I do that now.

Just a 737 with undocked gauges? I guess you aren't understanding what this software is actually for. IF you have 3 monitors connected to your FSX machine and run ONLY a single computer with one monitor as your cockpit window view and the other 2 monitors for yor undocked gauges, then this software is not for you. HOWEVER, if you are like MOST hardcore cockpit builders, your FSX machine doesn't run your gauges, another computer does. That is what this software is for. It gives you the ability to run the gauges from a separate computer other than the computer that is running FSX. You cannot do that with undocked gauges.
Jeremy "BZ" Bucholz

FAA - LAS ATCT

jbucholz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbucholz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-31-2011 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by rijkinbeeld rijkinbeeld wrote:

Good to know that you are trying to make it work with Engravity.
I'm using prosim737 at this moment but there isn't good Flight model for it. So i'm very happy two get it both in one solution!
As for the mip, they also sell an ics version wich completly outfitted with all the CPflight hardware.

So you're talking about the switches and what not. This can already be accomplished with the current version of the iFly. All you need is an interface using the SDK. I use SIOC to run all of my switches.
Jeremy "BZ" Bucholz

FAA - LAS ATCT

markfire View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-31-2011 at 4:08pm
Just for clarification. The pro version allows you run PFD, ND, Upper Lower and stby gauges   on as many pc's as you want. The interface is simple to use and within a short space of time you can have all the gauges placed and running from one click of the mouse. The advantages are obvious, especially if you have a home built or retail MIP where you require all the various elements to be set in place everytime you fire her up. The gauges are multi-configurable, allowing you to choose whatever layout you require, quickly and intuitively.
The two main components, server and client will auto run once configured thus reducing workload on startup.

I do not endorse this product for monetary gain.  ; )

regards

Mark
jbucholz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbucholz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-31-2011 at 4:12pm
Just to add to Mark's post, it also gives you the Captain's and First Officer's CDUs.
Jeremy "BZ" Bucholz

FAA - LAS ATCT

markfire View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-31-2011 at 4:34pm
Yup, forgot them   here's a screen shot of my temporary monitor/gauge setup.

Gives you some idea

CDU's on a 22" touch screen
markfire View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-31-2011 at 4:39pm
Sorry about the picture quality. I can assure any potential purchasers that the gauges are crystal clear at all sizes and no lag whatsoever.

regards

Mark
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-31-2011 at 4:49pm

The un docked monitors works to a degree, if you are looking to run a full sim, the full version is the way to go. Undocking has an effect on system resources running these gauges does away with that. This package allows Capt's gauges and FO's as well as all the engines displays and the CDU is screen only or full display for those that has chosen to use touch screens.

I think it is extremely fair price for what it brings to a flight deck. Starting FSX selecting you aircraft and having the server and clients connect usiing their own protocol your simulator is up and running in minutes.

As a sim builder with a full sized A300 simulator running across 6 pc's, I know what it is like starting each pc a host of programs and if something goes wrong it is back to square one. I thought there has to be an easier way to access everthing that a great payware aircraft offered and this build does just that. I am guessing most builders have a flight model for a 800 or the aircraft of their choice and some fde's and a sounds set, not to name some other programs running in the background. With this package you can fly the 600 in the morning the 900 in the evening and for special occasions wheel out a BBJ. It offer the ultimate in flexability with everything available for FSX iFly available in your sim.

We are confident this product will change the way you use your sim and based on that happy to keep our 30 day promise. Everyone knows when you buy the iFly your ideas are welcomed, this version is no different, if there is something you see could improve it let us know. We don't have an exclusive on all the good ideas, but I think the test team, all sim builder did an amazing job.
Cheers

markfire View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-31-2011 at 4:55pm
I fully endorse Steve's comments, But if he mentions that full size A300 Sim he owns one more time!!!   : )

Sorry mate
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-31-2011 at 5:01pm
It's for sale are you interested, one owner.

Unfortunately many happy years flying with the World flight group are over for the sim as it is too much hard work for one person. I have rescued the engineers seat for my main test machine. The sheep skin covered seat is sooo comfortable.

Cheers

markfire View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-31-2011 at 5:36pm
i'm looking for a nice seat if you've one going spare!

Always a sad day when you sell something that you've put in so many hours of hard toil.

Hope it finds a good owner
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-31-2011 at 6:19pm
It actually has a pair of sided seats with J rails. I have had a huge amoutn of enjoyment from and we raised a lot of money for ORBIS and unfortunately made one of the nurses from the local childrens hospice air sick. I am not sure if it was the 2nd loop or 3 barrel role that did it, amazing how aerobatic a wide bodies aircraft can be in the hands a young pilot.

The best quote was during a descent in to edinburgh airport a friends wife complained here ears popped at the dizzy height of 2 inches off the ground.
Cheers

Richbro View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov-01-2011 at 6:23am
I wondered if Simstop will have a video of the set-up options on this program. Is there something being produced in Lelystad in a few days time? It probably would help to show prospective buyers.
At my level this is like the Holy Grail of flight sim, inviting but never attainable unless, of course, I do a deal with the wife!
Ouch
 Best wishes,
 Richard.

p.s. Hi Mark and Steve.
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov-01-2011 at 6:38am
Hi Richard,

One of the team is creating his own videos at the moment. As seen in the forums here you don't need to spend thousands to have a great flight deck. If you have seen the picture from Claus where he creates his own MIP's etc it can be done within a budgest that doesn't mean  you need to spend the next 10 years earning brownie points.

We will create some vidoes after Lelystad with the unit Engravity and CP flight have produced for us. I think the most important quality of this product is ease of use and one product does all.

ps

check your PM's

Cheers

Steve Halpern View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov-01-2011 at 9:05am
One quick note for those that do not fully understand what we are talking about. You could use the default iFly 737 for FSX for basic home cockpit building, with limitations. If you want a few special hardware devices plugged in, you can likely do that with the default version, as long as you do not have too many undocked windows.

For those that are serious about home cockpit building, you may practially be building training-level simulators.

For example, this type of hardware setup would be common to the hardcore home cockpit builder: Check out these Engravity units:

Using this type of hardware, with throttle quadrants, hardware FMC's, and more, would not be uncommon to a hardcore cockpit builder. Your investment is in the multi-thousand dollar level in many cases. Of course you do not need to be as high-end as the Engravity units above. There are points in between. But to keep this in perspective for casual browsers to this thread, I think a difference between basic and hardcore home cockpits need to be demonstrated. If you are spending $6000 on a home cockpit, the iFly Pro software may be one of the lesser priced parts of the whole package! Smile

Steve

Flight One Software
jbucholz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbucholz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov-01-2011 at 2:10pm
Steve, I've spent $5,000 on my home-made cockpit and I'm maybe only 50% done lol.
Jeremy "BZ" Bucholz

FAA - LAS ATCT

markfire View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov-01-2011 at 2:14pm
I'd hate to think how much I'll end up spending. After all, It's only money!!!

: )
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov-01-2011 at 3:13pm
best not to count what you spend, burn all receipts just in case they fall in to the wrong hands.
Cheers

macca22au View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macca22au Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov-02-2011 at 1:13am
Just a plaintive squeak from the side-lines.

Most of us don't have, can't have, may never have the wherewithal to build a home cockpit.  And in my case I lack the competence.

Now that you have so successfully launched the software for the home cockpit builder is it possible to return this discussion to its very own thread.  This will allow the rest of us to hang off the general inanities of the Discussion thread - and continue our prayers for the early arrival of the Feature Pack.
Warmest Regards,

Ian McPhail
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov-02-2011 at 4:27am
There will be a forum for this software within the current setup after the release, for the time being your stuck with it hear Ian as many builder are not owners of the software yet. The team are working really hard on the Feature Pack it has not delayed anything if anything it has helped as issues are often picked up by fresh eyes.
Cheers

Michael_B767_ATP View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael_B767_ATP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov-02-2011 at 10:16am
Hi,

That is so great. When I get settled in Florida (bye-bye New York) and begin my build, this will come in so handy.
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov-02-2011 at 10:22am
Matt has also moved to Florida, seems like there will be an iFly clan in Florida.
Cheers

Pippo View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pippo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov-02-2011 at 1:45pm
From The Pro Edition FAQ's :
"What about FSUIPC Offsets?  Does the new Pro Version use them?
The Home Cockpit Builder's Edition is no different from the normal version
when it comes to interfacing.  However, one of our community members has
created an interface to that will change the iFly variables into custom
FSUIPC offsets that can be read and written to."

My question is where do we get this interface as presumably it works with the Standard FSX IFly product or is it "Pro" only?

Regards Pippo
markfire View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov-02-2011 at 2:13pm
All versions i believe.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic