iFly Development Team Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > iFly General User Forums > iFly General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pre Purchase Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5mokin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pre Purchase Question
    Posted: Jul-11-2011 at 3:24pm
Hi Guys,
A before purchase question:
im going to purchase the Ifly 737NG but saw on a FS2Crew post recently a fella bought this and the installer was version 1.01 and had a tough time get the (much needed) service packs,before i part with my hard earned 's has the installer been updated? if not how easy is it to get the service packs?

Regards
lee 
Henri W View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henri W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul-11-2011 at 3:33pm
Are you talking about FSX or FS9? The FS9 version is up to speed. I know the team is about to finish a service pack for the FSX version. And believe me, there is nothing difficult about getting service packs for this wonderful plane. I have never encountered better service in the FS world than from the iFly team. After you buy the plane, just register and enter the forum for licensed users.

Best regards,

Henri
5mokin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5mokin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul-11-2011 at 3:35pm
sorry for that lack of info,im talking about the FSX version
lee
Steve Masson View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Masson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul-11-2011 at 3:39pm
THe Service Pack should be out later this week but will not be added to the installer for a further 7 days to allow for any modifications that need to be added.
Cheers

Henri W View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henri W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul-11-2011 at 3:41pm
Lee,

Also remember you have a 30 day money back guarantee in the very unlikely event you do not like this plane. Please be warned that this aircraft is striving for the ultimate realism. This means that it is not an easy hop on and fly away kind of plane. If you are not familiar with modern jet liners, this means you will have to go through some steep learning curves. The enclosed manual is more than 500 pages and there is also a very extensive manual for a tutorial flight. And again, there is the most helpful forum you can imagine.

Cheers,

Henri
5mokin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5mokin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul-11-2011 at 4:18pm
Henri,Thanks for that buddy i think ill wait 7 days,that should hopefully give me enough time to crack the FMC, preferable with a hammer :)   
Flydave123 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flydave123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul-11-2011 at 6:41pm
The iFly is perfectly flyable now (see the amount of youtube videos available) and with the Flight1 wrapper, when the service pack is released and stable, the download will be updated with the service pack included and available for a free re-download anyway. You have nothing to lose by downloading and purchasing now.
Dave.

macca22au View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macca22au Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul-11-2011 at 8:55pm
I'm with Flydave, I have had the iFly from the time that it was released.  I have flown nothing else in that time - and I mean a flight a day.

When I get the SP1 I am sure that I will notice a difference, but frankly right now I really don't know where.

Suck it and see.
Warmest Regards,

Ian McPhail
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic