iFly Development Team Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > iFly General User Forums > iFly General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - This must be the best selling addon ever.......
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This must be the best selling addon ever.......

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gassa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This must be the best selling addon ever.......
    Posted: Jan-19-2011 at 5:33pm
Looks like this addon is selling like hell!!

Seems like the team got themselves a little present:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/I-fly/Boeing-757-256/1851526/M/

Wink

Kind regards

Martin

Gavin View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-19-2011 at 5:39pm
Cool.  Good luck to them.  Great product with great support.  I hope they all become millionaires.
Thralni View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thralni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-19-2011 at 6:13pm
But that plane's Russian it seems. I thought the dev team was Chinese?
Regards,
Benjamin van Soldt
LH201 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LH201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-19-2011 at 7:26pm
PMDG will wonder, that there obviously is still a FS9 market... Approve
Greetings from Germany!

drayton_k View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drayton_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-20-2011 at 4:23am
Originally posted by LH201 LH201 wrote:

Exactly, PMDG's loss there!!
bc621 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bc621 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-20-2011 at 9:41am
Originally posted by LH201 LH201 wrote:

According to pmdg it would be counterproductive for them to develop stuff for fs9.

here.-> http://forum.avsim.net/topic/273567-pmdgs-position-on-fs2004-development-21jan10/
JPVisser View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPVisser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-20-2011 at 9:57am
I'm glad it is,
means I get áll 737's for 55 dollars instead of 2 versions
and then having to buy 2 more for 39 dollars.
FLIGHTSIMFANATIC View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLIGHTSIMFANATIC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-20-2011 at 10:24am
Well that's ok PMDG can give up it's marketshare to ifly in FS9 as they insist that every one as just leaping over to FSX, that is not the case as many are realizing FS9 is more stable.
matt2725 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt2725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-31-2011 at 5:29pm
Let's try to avoid bashing PMDG. They have decided that it is best for their business to pursue the FSX market exclusively. Aerosoft is another company who is heading in this direction quite rapidly, which is a shame but alas.
We should all be grateful that iFly has decided to put FS9 first with their product at this stage. PMDG & iFly are two separate companies who have no doubt similar, yet very differing goals and aims as far as their respective businesses go.
If PMDG decide that releasing the 800/900 version separately is the best direction, then all the more power to them.
If I was a leading developer, I would also aim to maximise profit balanced with customer satisfaction. The consumer was(is) obviously willing to pay for two packs to complete the PAX 737NG collection...so that's what they did.
With Microsoft's Flight on the horizon...the entire FS scene may change drastically very soon. FS9 will then be 2 versions behind the latest...and could be in danger of becoming obsolete. With Microsoft's aim to make their new sim (which they have confirmed is a sim) more accessible to lower end systems...then we could all find ourselves upping and leaving our beloved FS9.
Of course I do hope that iFly will follow us there...and we can continue to enjoy their products in a different setting.

But please remember that Steve and the team don't want to start a war with PMDG...
alidialiante View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alidialiante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-31-2011 at 5:58pm
everyone chooses their own destiny ...........
I'm sure PMDG has lost 79% of all the virtual pilots.

I can not hide that before long will be set aside as FS2000 in the year 2006.

I stay with FS9 for now and thank the iFly team for their excellent work ......

sorry for my english :P
flyinpilot212121 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyinpilot212121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-31-2011 at 6:01pm
Im so anxious to see what microsoft flight will be all about.

Just thought i'd mention it.
Hooorrraaayyyyy for IFLY,Flight1 and FS2crew

glepilotman View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glepilotman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-31-2011 at 6:40pm
Hi, 

Some of the comments in this post are getting close to the edge about bashing PMDG. This will not be tolerated in this forum. PMDG decided what is best for them. Lets leave it at that and keep the comments civil before the thread gets locked. Thank You!
Christopher Veltri

CYQT

FLIGHTSIMFANATIC View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLIGHTSIMFANATIC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-31-2011 at 9:09pm
well for the record I love the MD-11 that aircraft is awesome.
bobby622 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobby622 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-31-2011 at 10:22pm
Most flown wide body aircraft in my hanger.  Smile  I could never get tired of flying that plane.  They did a wonderful job.
Dillon View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dillon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-31-2011 at 11:30pm
I'm really starting to believe 'Flight' will see many of us FS9ers moving over to that new sim.  PMDG/Aerosoft and their FSX love affair may be a problem in the coming year.  Microsoft is looking like their coming back with a vengeance with 'Flight'.  As many of us have stated FSX more than FS2000 is the worst version of Flight Simulator ever created.  We all were well into FS2000 over FS98 by this point.  Half the community is still using FS9 maybe even more now thanks to iFly's 737.  By contrast you take the visuals of 'Flight' with great performance on top of all the other goodies that may come, we all could have something to really look forward to.  I can't wait to see iFly's 737 in Flight's environment.  PMDG putting so much work into an FSX add-on with a new version around the corner is a weird bit of timing on their part but hey the NGX was started before the announcement of 'Flight'.  Aerosoft and PMDG will have their work cut out for them with these newer releases and the upgrade path if that's even possible.  iFly would do well to see what 'Flight' is all about before diving into new development of an FSX version.  It may make more since to skip FSX...  The iFly 737 could be the first real offering for 'Flight' versus a scenario where they would have an FS9, FSX, then a 'Flight' version.  I really believe 'Flight' for the most part will be the sim we've all been hoping for all these years where FSX failed.  I just hope ATC is updated but even if it's not the visuals with stellar performance is worth the price of admission.
glepilotman View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glepilotman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-31-2011 at 11:37pm
Les,

I hope Flight is the Windows 7 of flight simulation. I had enough trouble with Vista and FSX. I hope Microsoft comes out with something really great with Flight, just like they did with Windows 7.
Christopher Veltri

CYQT

John Goodwin View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Goodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb-01-2011 at 3:26am

Flight may not be all the things you hope it will be, from things we have heard in the developers world, it is more a game than a flight simulator.

Some things I have heard thru the grapevine.

• The first release will only cover the USA/Canada
  • Although "solo" flight is possible it is aimed at the multiplayer scenario.
  • It will have more of a "game" feel to it.
  • At this time ALL add-ons have to be released thru MS so they get their cut.
  • Developers are unsure if third party add-ons will be able to updated to FLIGHT format.

All the above is rumour and has not been confirmed or denied by MS, as MS have not really released any information on how Flight will work or what it is capable of, but don't get your hopes up too high. My view is that the move away from the FLIGHT SIMULATOR name, to just FLIGHT, is a bad sign and that it is being developed more for the X-BOX than for the PC.

I really do hope I am proved wrong and that they do produce a good flight simulator, but I have my doubts.

By the way FSX was bad when it was first released, I agree, but that was because PC's of the time just did not keep up with the needs of FSX, modern PC's are more than cabable of running FSX to it's limits now. The same was true with FS9, old PC's struggled with it's capabilities but caught up much faster, MS had a policy of releasing FS to grow into the capabilities of future PC's so their products have a good expected life, with FSX they got it wrong, it was way ahead of the capabilities of the average PC of the time, so people had prolems with it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic