iFly Development Team Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > iFly General User Forums > iFly General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will the iFly 737 Max 8 only be for P3D V5?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aviator_Kevin_HD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will the iFly 737 Max 8 only be for P3D V5?
    Posted: Jun-11-2022 at 7:24am
Dear iFly Community,
when I saw that iFly is working on a 737 Max 8 for P3D I was very happy, and wanted to buy the plane straight after the release. But unfortunetely I saw a forum post that the Max 8 is only for P3D V5, as I'm still on V4 it is impossible to use it for me, so is this true?

Regards,
Aviator_Kevin_HD
USN O6 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun-11-2022 at 8:19am
Hi,

Yes.  As with the Advanced Series 737NG, the iFly 737MAX is being developed for P3D v5.3+  because the aircraft is being developed around "Enhanced Atmosphere (TrueSky)" and technologies only available in 5.3+.
Best,
Jim

Samaritano View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samaritano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun-21-2022 at 1:58pm
Hello,
Just wanted to ask a question on the development of the MAX. I am really looking forward to it.
Are the devs considering adding perhaps to the EFB a Fuel and Payload feature, that way we can alter the payload and fuel of the aircraft from within the simualtor?

Thanks.
USN O6 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun-21-2022 at 3:50pm
That already exists in the 737NG Advanced Version EFB for P3D v5.
Best,
Jim

cal2177 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 hours 11 minutes ago at 8:27am
On a happy note and a bit off topic, my flight sim computer, which would not run V5 nor MSFS, was hit by lightening forcing me to buy one that will. Happier still, it was covered by insurance so I will only have to shell out a small bit to buy one that will leave skid marks on my desk. I'm looking forward to flying this advanced version and the MAX when it is released. And for the record, I did not kill my old machine on purpose as the insurance company and wife suspect. (I'm kidding of course). The iFly 737 and 747 are about the only aircraft I fly anymore.
John Patterson
USN O6 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 hours 48 minutes ago at 8:50am
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. . . Smile

As a former resident of the Valley, I can certainly believe that lightening was the cause.

Best,
Jim

snoopynz View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snoopynz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 15 minutes ago at 9:23pm
i am sure you will like the Ifly737  I have purchased the add-on fleet and I can assure you that the learning curve is very steep then it clicks and falls into place.

Like you I have basically stuck with the 737 although I have installed the cessna 172 which I am using to train on VATSIM  learning the vatsim lingo and practicing circuits.

You will enjoy the directX 12 in the video department.
Kind regards

Bryan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic